How can we use TVM to generate code for FPGA-based accelerators?

As we know, the TVM compiler stack can also be used for deep learning accelerators based on FPGAs, which also have lots of appliction scenerios. But FPGA-based accelerators may have created its own instruction set and architechture, so my question is , based on this, in order to use the compiler stack to generate schedule code for such an accelerator, what is needed to be done and how to do it ? Is there any examples or tutorials that demonstrate this ? Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated.
Big thanks!

Just adding some side details to this, since I too have the same issue as well. But to add to this, I have some C++ functions that perform the functionality required from the accelerator. I would like to know from where I can start adding a python like interface for TVM to use this accelerator? Sorry if I am missing something here. Thanks in advance

Update: --> I am not sure if this is right but there is an extensions example in the tvm repo in tvm/apps/extensions. Maybe this seems like a right example to look at ?

Hi Eddie,

One approach is to use a runtime to serve as an intermediate layer between TVM and your accelerator. The runtime can expose a C API which TVM calls into once it’s lowered. The C runtime can then generate assembly on the fly in a JIT fashion.

I will point you to some examples once we have our alpha release. @slahiruk, let me know if you also would like alpha access to some FPGA examples.

Thierry

Sure I would like to have access to some of the FPGA examples in the alpha release (That would be nice). Thanks!

I also want to access the FPGA examples.

Hi Thierry,
That would be nice! @thierry So when can we have access to your alpha release? I have already PM you my github ID, Please check! Thanks all the time!

Hi Eddie, sorry we’ve been making changes to the repo and need to make sure tests are stable first. I’ll notify you when you’ll be receiving access.